Sunday, November 4, 2007

Welcome to me

I've been thinking about setting up a blog for quite a while, but for some reason tonight seems like the time to do it. This will blog will primarily be about knitting with some crocheting; music, language, engineering and poetry are also likely to appear at some point.

One of the main reasons for doing this now is that I have visited about 20 more-or-less Local Yarn Shops in San Francisco Bay Area over the last month or so and I though it would be interesting to make a few notes while I still remember what I found. More about that later as I'm hoping to finish short posts regularly instead of waiting until I have enough time for a comprehensive treatise (though I will try to be comprehensible).

I am a notorious starter, my current fiber-related WIP number somewhere above 15. In addition, I'm finishing a bathroom remodel and have started redoing my back patio. One of my motivations in putting this blog together is to try to embarrass myself into finishing something now and then.

The other reason I wanted to start this is to set up a place where I can keep track of the many interesting bloggers and web sites I enjoy visiting, and to document ideas for more projects. I'm hoping that having a place to write them down will mean that I don't actually buy fiber and cast on.

That's it for now, it's time to figure out where I dropped a stitch. (Hmm, I bet that's why it seemed like a good idea to take a knitting break)

No comments: